Hi Phil,
No. You are not crazy, but one thing that may or may not help is to
say 5 east, 11 up, and 15 north. That way you can keep it straight how
far you are east, north, and above the starting point of the axis and
which axis is which. No wonder so many people are having problems with
fps ttype games. If they don't understand basic coordinates it would
be easy to get lost in a game like this. Plus some people apparently
have no sense of direction when moving around in a virtual world and
get turned around/lost pretty quickly. I'm wondering how i can over
come some of those problems.