Hi Shaun and thanks for the info. The range of games is amazing, but what's in mind at the moment is not a complex game, it's how to make, let's say a shooting game that people play daily on the web accessible. My son plays Call of Duty and all those mind blowing games on the PS3, but believe me he loves playing other games on the web, that you would probably find boring. I don't think it's because the game is boring, it's because we can't get immersed in it's simplisity, because we can't get involved for example.

Like I said in a previous post...a game he played, he aimed the mouse and clicked, he then clicked again when looking at a visual meter to shoot...he was on that game for about 1 hour 15 mins...and he had COD upstairs! The game offered a lot of thought, calculation and game play against another person in another country, pretty rewarding. So, there lies the quest. The best way to have a VIP move that mouse with the keyboard, select the position and get involved in the on line game-play...that's just an example, but see what I mean. I hope to learn what's needed, because that can always lead on to more complex projects, cheers Steve. ----- Original Message ----- From: "shaun everiss" <shau...@xtra.co.nz>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Advice on implamenting accessibility into a visual/graphical game?

well there are examples.
1.  teraformas.
this game had graphics and sound though probably not as good as shades of doom or gtc as an experimental game it was quite interesting.
Unfortunately its never been updated so some bugs still remain.
the blind eye is a prime example on what is not a good thing to do with an accessible game.
Its never been fixeither.
shades of doom was one of the first fps games out there.
it has most of what could be benificial for the blind to play.
gtc is also a good game.
Entombed is a good rpg style at least it should work in that sort of way.
soundrts and time of conflict could lend some help to.
finally final conflict has simple menus and key commands.
though old its still good for what it is.