Hi William,
That really wouldn't work for Mysteries of the Ancients since it takes
place in Greace.  Scorpions live in hot dry desert regions like Egypt,
the south-western united states, Iraq, and places like that. I don't
beleave Greace has any scorpions because they have a more mild climent
then is their natural habitat.
However, I will say that one of the ideas I am toying with for Tomb
Hunter 2 is a game set either in Egypt, which would be cool, or one
set somewhere in Central America in the Yucatan Peninsula. Both offer
natural habitats for scorpions and I could borrow them as a basic
enemy for the game the way it was done in Tomb Raider Last Revelation.