From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 7:20 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Tomb Hunter Error

Hi Jim,
I really don't see any reason that the C++ runtime libraries would
blow up your system. I'm 99% sure that won't happen. Main reason is
these are just dll libraries that have had bug fixes or additional
functions that were not available in previous versions. Microsoft's
Win32 libraries are certainly backwards compatible to a point.
According to Microsoft's website the are backwards compatible with
Windows 2000 SP4 which is much older than Windows XP with service pack
3. I installed them on my older laptop with XP SP3 on it and
everything worked fine. However, I probibly have newer versions of
Windows Media Player etc than you do as I try to keep things up to
date anyway.

HTH

> Hi Thomas,
>
> One difference that I see is that running my WinKit.zip setup install
> installs backwards compatibility.  Your needed install will up grade my
C++
> libraries.  So, may I respectfully ask you, can you promise me that the
new
> C++ libraries are backwards compatible.  That is, if I install them, that
> the up grade will not blow up any of my very very old programs such as
Note