Yes, and the things that frustrate me are the things like writing 0 instead of o, only because it is written similarly. It is not a question of time. And another same thing, for example, is serbian language there is no letter w but there is v. And there are some people that always write w instead of v, I don't know why, they don't know why. And things like that make me quite mad!
         Milos Przic
msn: milos.pr...@gmail.com
skype: Milosh-hs
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important Moderator Message (please read)

Hi,
Ah, well, I get that here too. Whenever I try and tell some of my
younger relatives to write in English their responce is to "get with
the times." I don't think they quite understand that when spoken via
Jaws, Window-eyes, etc it is nothing but a confusing mess of letters
and numbers. As usual the screen reader takes the blame when it wasn't
designed to read that garbage, and nor should it have to if people
would learn to type proper words and sentenses.
In fact, when you typed "2ba" I thought you were refering to the
musical instrument, "tuba," and not "to be a." That's how unreliable
that kind of short-hand can be. So it would be pretty aweful if
everyone started writing that way on list.

I've been trying to get people to quit writing that way by replying with
something like, "What? I don't understand you. Try English?" With Wee1's grand daughter, it's beginning to sink in that if she wants a reply from me, I have to know what she's talking about. What's disgusting, though, is that her 36-year-old mom thinks that I should get with the times and learn what they're saying. Even listening to JAWS over speakers does not show her what
I'm talking about, because she says that it's the screen reader, not her
typing. I have asked her what word "2ba" is. It is supposed to be "to be a", but she types it that way to save space when texting. I still tell her
to use English when typing to a blind person.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5287 (20100717) __________

http://www.eset.com