I've been trying to get people to quit writing that way by replying with something like, "What? I don't understand you. Try English?" With Wee1's grand daughter, it's beginning to sink in that if she wants a reply from me, I have to know what she's talking about. What's disgusting, though, is that her 36-year-old mom thinks that I should get with the times and learn what they're saying. Even listening to JAWS over speakers does not show her what I'm talking about, because she says that it's the screen reader, not her typing. I have asked her what word "2ba" is. It is supposed to be "to be a", but she types it that way to save space when texting. I still tell her to use English when typing to a blind person.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important Moderator Message (please read)

Hi Bryan,
Definitely. I hate that internet short-hand that has become very
popular over the last few years. I don’t mind a few like “lol” or btw”
once and a while, but I have a niece that practically writes every
e-mail, Facebook post, etc made up almost entirely in short-hand. What
you call netspeak. It makes everything anything she writes unreadable
because when Window-Eyes reads it back to me it is a bunch of
non-sense.

Cheers!