Hi Shaun,
No, I don't think Vista's problem and Linux's problem are in anyway
related. For one thing I started the game from the Windows command
prompt and none of the error messages were present when starting from
the command line. When I start the game from a Linux terminal I get a
number of load errors which are more than likely do to the fact Linux
is extremely case specific. A file called Loop_Statue.wav and
loop_statue.wav are treated differently by the operating system. They
might be spelled the same but the capital l and s makes a huge
difference when programming for Linux. Theremay be some other issue
involved here, but according to the Windows test run all the files
loaded correctly.

Cheers!