well just in case my os was corrupt I tried it on my dad's system.
both of ours are core 2 duo 2ghz cpus though his is 100mhz faster
both of us have simular memmory being 2gb.
both systems have realtech soundcards and intel displays.
I have my grandpa's which is a del with almost the same hardware.
I do have my brother's which is an amd 64 bit but its video card is on the way out and it ocationally has issues. When the error happened on my dads, the game stuttered for a bit, or rather just hung, the hard drive shut down which is unusual, then the system reset the drive restarted and windows came back. Interestingly I made some changes to the system, before I played the game to see if I had to catch something I could.
On restart those changes were reversed.
I don't have any of that sort of software that would do that so I must assume that that session of the os was corrupted and the system restarts using its last known good config. I am gona set my error reports and stuff and then reboot and then see if I can get anything. I wander if the linux load sounds issue and the startup issues in vista are related somehow. if this does happen again and I can get something then I will try to get it to you.