I've seen the movie, didn't like it much. Yeah the fights were okay, but they messed up the story like you said.

This is why I don't call fighting games based f animes fighting games. They have people fighting one on one, yes, but they're more akin to brawlers... so many of them are about flash and not about good mechanics. This is where I don't like reviewers like gamespot and ign, because they call them games with deep mechanics and good fighting systems. There's a reason they aren't played competetively, and if you talk to any real true fighting gamer who loves their fighters, they'll tell you that KOF, SF and tekken are real fightings. Naruto: ultimate ninja games, dragon ball z games, aren't what we would call fighters.

Anyhow, I think feng's dialog is cheesy too... but no more cheesy than any other chinese action movie. lol.