If you're the Canadian Johnny Tai I've heard about, then we have the taiwanese background in common. lol.

Well, tekken five's boss was cheap yes, so was 6. But half the fighting games in the world have cheap bosses. SNK fighters in general are notorious for their cheap bosses.

As to Feng's manderin... I've actually heard a lot of people talk like that in films. That is considered the manderin standard. And it's nowhere near as funy as watching people from taiwan speaking it. especially people who speak more Taiwanese than Manderin.

I haven't seen the cartoon, but I did see a clip of Street Fighter: the movie... that is, the fighting game. And let's just say that that makes Resident Evil's acting sound almost decent. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnny Tai" <johnnyti...@shaw.ca>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] fighting games-was Re: marvel vs. capcom 3 gameplay

Lol, everytime I hear Guile speaking English, or what supposed to be English, in most SF games, I cringe... At least Tekken makes the languages sound okay eh? It's like the earlier Fatal Fury games, I had no idea that Terry was shouting English lol. Mind you, for someone who grew up watching cheesy Chinese martial art movies, I laughed my head off when I heard Feng's Mandarin in Tekken...no one speaks Mandarin like that! I kinda hope that they'd have him shout some move names in Mandarin...that'd be funny. You were saying how badly the hadoken is pronounced...ever watched the Street Fighter U.S cartoon series? It's so bad it's sad.