On the main stream front in fairness, it's actually quite hard for even employees of the companies to get to the people who matter!

I once had a very nice chat with a sympathetic lady from the Uk office of nintendo over the phone about wii menue access.

She was extremely helpful, but actually even she couldn't contact or pose suggestions to the developement team sinse they're locked in a bunker in Japan buried three miles under mount fugi with the only entrance guarded by a patrol of robotic ninja plummers!

Anyone needing to speak to them has to sacrifice a small crocodile at the dead of night and paint a mystic invocation only taught to employees of nintendo after they work there fore 15 solid years. then, they mysteriously vanishes in the middle of the night only to wake up with no memory of having been anywhere.

Mmmm, I might be exaggerating slightly, but you see my point, even employees of the same company can't talk to the people who matter, let alone anyone else.

Beware the Grue!