Well after marrio wea all know how scary nintendo plummers are ;D.

Seriously this was actually a rather sad situation.

through a deal of fast talking and generally being nice to people, I actually got to speak to one of the higher wranks of nintendo Uk rather than one of their scrubbers or phone drones, and she generally did try her best to help, ---- even going off and checking obscure Wii settings for me over an evening.

She genuinely had no way of contacting any of the people that mattered though, which was fairly ridiculous, and not too helpful as far as taking suggestions or discussing anything out of the ordinary goes.

It just shows the truth of the general principle, the bigger the company, the nastier it is.

Beware the Grue!