Hi Thomas,
The one thing I feel lacking in MOTA is how you limit the sounds to just the room you are in.

In reality once you open a door to the next room you should hear the sounds in that room even though you are in the previous room. And once the door is open and you go through, the sounds in the previous room should get quieter.
You could get this effect by having more than one room in a sound region.
In other words region 1 would include room 1, 2 and 4, since 2 is part of 4 .
I guess that could get complicated as  sound regions would overlap.
Phil