Oh I was refering rather to the 3d game that I was under the impression that the original question was about, something with Star Wars if I have been skimming list traffic properly. Smile.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Creating game levels to scale?

Hi,

Actually, MOTA doesn't use any path finding for the AI. The reason is
when I wrote it that enemies were randomly generated per room and
bound to that region much as the sounds are. So it is impossible for
enemies to leave that area. So I never got around to updating it with
a more complex AI with some path finding etc to actually leve the
rooms and follow you into another room etc. This is imho one of those
things I was putting off for an upgrade down the road when i have more
time to focus on details like that.

Hi Thomas,

Yes, the bulk of the implementation is very close to your example. It was
the only way I could think of to get a good compromize between a realistic
sound image and a well performing application. I assume you already use some
sort of pathfinding for your AI? I have an optimized AStar implementation
with some extra features and tweaks that I use on this end.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall