To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] problems with playing malinche games

 Hi,
 Your problem isn't with the game per se, it's with the program you're
 using to play it.  The latest versions of Frotz have an unfortunate
 problem when it comes to accessibility on Windows, perhaps something to do
 with the way text is rendered on screen.  I suggest Filfor as an
 alternative which is more readable.
 To return to the subject of the games themselves, might I suggest that you
 avoid Malinch on general principles?  The company and developer have,
 well, a reputation in the interactive fiction community, and not the good
 kind.  I highly doubt your game experience will be worth your while.
 Hope this helps,
 Zack.

 On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Anouk Radix wrote:

>  Hi Everyone,
> I have been away from the list for quite a qhile but since I am having a > problem when trying to play games I thought I would ask if anyone else > has experienced this. > I am using windows xp with jaws 11 and I have installed the newest > version of frotz for windows, version 1.14 by david kinder. Recently I > bought 3 games from Malinche games (z8 files) and downloaded a free one > vanguard. I am having a problem with at least 2 of them (pinched in st > petersburg and vanguard). When I type a command into the frotz command > window the results dont get shown and nothing happens. It is as if text > is just not being printed and I cant continue onward with the game at > all. > According to Howard Sherman the writer behind malinche games the games > have been extensively tested but I do remember from a few years ago that > I also had this seem problem with another of his titles endgame.
>  The strange thing is that I dont get an error message at all.
> Are there any other people on list who ordered a malinche game and > experienced problems like this?
>  Greetings, Anouk,
>  ---
>  Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to > gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
>  You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
>  http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
>  All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
>  http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the > list,
>  please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.

 list,