That's kinda what I've been thinking of for my first big project. Granted I'm probably a long way off from even beginning to work on that but I suppose it doesn't hurt to iron out the basics of the game itself. I'm hoping it'll be an action/adventure game in the style of Zelda or maybe a side scroller like Castlevania but in a more fantasy setting. But the character is a knight sent to slay a dragon that's been raiding the kingdom for several years. Well the knight has the ability to use various weapons like a sword (obviously), and a bow and arrow. I also want him to be able to use magic, though I haven't decided whether or not he'll actually have magic spells that he'll learn as he gains levels or whether it'll be more like A Link to the Past, where Link had a magic meter but the spells were in the form of actual magical items, which he could only use as long as he had enough magical energy to do so. So in Sir Cedric's case one item might be a magic cape that allows him to hover, useful for crossing small chasms that were still too big to jump across normally. The next level up from that might be a Phoenix Feather or Dragon wing, which would actually allow him to fly until his magic meter hit zero. Let's just say that would have been quite beyond the power of AGM, and not merely because creating menus was impossible with that thing. And I don't doubt it would be quite complicated to code in BGT but at least it might be doable.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] audio game maker

Hi,

Yes, several people tried AGM, and if you want my personal opinion "it
sucks." For one thing with a game development wizard like AGM
everything is predefined to a large extent. You are very limited in
what you can do in terms of modifying things like the A.I. which would
very from game to game, but is extremely static using AGM since you
can't actually change how enemy characters react in your own games.
Then, you have the issue of creating unique and complex characters.

In a full fledged programming language or even BGT you can sit down
and predefine the characteristics of your game characters. If you have
a specialized character like a Jedi you will need extra abilities like
force heal, jump, blind, protect, etc. Well, if AGM doesn't have those
abilities, which it doesn't, it makes creating a game like that
absolutely impossible.

Worst part these aren't the only limitations. It doesn't have any way
to save/load games. Creating a decent menu is a pain in the butt. You
have no way to use joysticks, mice, and other input devices. The list
goes on and on. In short, AGM is crap.