Hi William,

Yes, I'd say you are missing something. The fact of the matter is any
kind of wizard, such as you described, has to be extremely generic.
What you might call a one size fits all type of wizard. The problem is
that programs, especially games, are not all alike. For example, in
Mysteries of the Ancients I have a specialized player class called
"Adventurer" which handles treasure hunting characters. However, that
player class would be unable to handle a wizard, Jedi Knight, or some
other kind of special character. There for in Mysteries of the Sith I
have created a class called "Jedi" to handle Jedi type characters. My
point here is at some point you simply have to manually program script
the game else every game will be very plane, generic, and you will
never, never, never, never, never, never, ever be able  to create
anything unique and that stands out from all the rest. Everything will
be totally generic, and one game will be the same as the next as far
as game play goes.