We'll have to agree to disagree. I personally can't stand synthetic speach in games unless the characters represented happen to be machines. That's probably why I could never quite get into the Sarah game.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kai" <kaixi...@sbcglobal.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT and Screen Reader API's

I believe that I did say games with pre-recorded voices did usually have the highest quality, just the least configurability. And the quality of the game is, in my opinion, hardly dictated by the medium of dictation; someone could make a guess-the-number game with top-of-the tier professional actors and actresses, full ensembles, and the works, and it'll still be a boring guess the number game. conversely, someone could make a game with poorly recorded speech, or speech reliant on espeaks, slightly low-quality sound effects, but if their game is in-depth, full of detail and replayability, that game will ultimately be more enjoyable. Audio quality, while important, is not the fulcrum of a game's value or quality.

Kai