Hi Kai,

Well, that does make sense, but midi is more or less a thing of the
past. For example, DirectMusic, the DirectX component for midi music,
is no longer supported by DirectX 9 and later versions. Although, a
legacy library does ship with Windows 7 who knows how long DirectX
midi support will remain available for Windows users. Of course, you
could probably get around that by using the Windows Media Player com
libraries etc, but I'm not sure the support for midi is really that
important now days. For one thing the playback quality depends on a
number of factors like how good are the sound fonts, the type of sound
card, and how good the composer is creating the midi file in the first
place.