From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Kai
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 7:47 PM
To: Philip Bennefall; Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT future development

Greetings Philip.

I definitely will agree with the few who have advocated joystick/gamepad
support.

I note that you're trying to get these devices to work under direct input,
and while that is definitely welcome, have you also considered the viability

of X-Input? X-Input allows game developers to take advantage of the analog
sensitivity of the shoulder buttons in controllers that support this
feature. Such a capability could, for example, allow someone to moderate the

rate of their gunfire by how far down they hold the button, for instance.

I guess the other difficulty and consideration is support for the analog
features of a gamepad. How would a developer know what value an analog
action returns so that they could adjust their game accordingly?

have you also considered MIDI support? This could yield much higher quality
sound tracks than the tone-synth option.

As a question of interest: what's the probability of reverse engineering
compiled executables? I'd hate for someone to be able to reverse engineer a
game and, say, discover the encryption keys for sounds and such.

Have you seen Jeremy's Tower's of War game? He's implemented an anti-cheat
system that even examines RAM values, which I assume is doing a CRC
comparison. Is such a feature already implemented? If not, how feasible
would it be? Among anti-cheat systems, such a check could be used to
evaluate the authenticity of game files and possibly compare them to a list
of files being served online, updating files as needed (much as the RSGames
client does).

I also agree that being able to use X-Audio would be amazing.

Kai