Oh no, you're right about that. I hated that Mario game for that very reason as well as others.
We are the Knights who saaaaay...Ni!
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2011 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] BGT future development

Hi Kai,
Bad idea...badidea (I'm referring to MIDI files). There is a game out there,
I don't know if you've tried it, which is a Mario game. The music is all
done in MIDI sequences and it is a nightmare. For one thing you don't know
what's happening while the music isn't running until it is too late, then
sometimes the music won't even loop (that's probably due to the inexperience
of the programmer). Correct me if I'm going in the wrong direction here.

Best Regards,
Hayden