Hi Philip,

Well, force feedback is a tad bit tricky. In the old days you could
simply create and load a force feedback profile using the effects
editor. However, since releasing DirectX 9 Microsoft has done away
with the force feedback effects editor and force feedback profiles,
and now all the examples demonstrate applying the effects directly to
the device yourself through code.  I haven't quite figured it out
myself, because Microsoft has made it more complicated than it use to
be in DirectX 8. I'm truthfully almost tempted to grab the DirectX 8.1
SDK just to implament the older effects profiler in my engine, but
have no idea how compatible it is with the updated DirectInput library
that ships with DirectX 9.