Hi Kai,

Yeah, I've seen that kind of backwards mentality before too. When I
was still at Wright State, it must have been around 1999, I was
looking for a screen reader for Windows 2000, since that was the most
recent and most stable development platform, and I pretty much got the
same answer you did.  Everyone is using 95, 98, and Jaws and
Window-Eyes were looking primarily at supporting Millennium while the
tech types like me who needed the NT/2000 Pro platforms for college
were pretty much left on the side lines. Then, even when Jaws did
support Win 2000 they wanted double the price of a standard upgrade.
Never mind that Windows XP itself is based on the NT platform and is
an upgrade of Win 2000 and not Windows 9x. However, I see why most VI
users shy away from emerging technologies, because the agencies and
companies that are suppose to be helping us hold us back.