To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:41 AM
Subject: [Audyssey] port Heli to vb.net if you want: was Re: Heli

There is a vb.net studio called Sharp Develop.  I have no idea how to use
vb.net, but if someone would port what I have to vb.net, then I imagine many
more people could work on it, and not have to buy anything either.  Plus,the
latest version of Direct Audio could be used instead of DirectX 8, and who
knows how much more powerful the game could be.  BGT not having 3d was the
first reason I chose not to go with it.  The second is that I know vb6
pretty well.  I am certainly willing to change to vb.net, but to tell you
the truth, I don't learn very well unless I have code right in front of me
to play with.  Well, I can't say that exactly, as I had to develop the 3d
audio engine by myself from descriptions, but we're talking about a whole
new language here, a whole new way to do things.
In other words, I'd be grateful if someone could port this to vb.net, not
offended.  I don't know that I won't still use BB6 instead--I'm mainly a
hobby programmer, not a pro making a lot of money by selling the
cutting-edge games like Tom and others.  I think that if you have the
patience and dedication to make such games, that's awesome.  My enjoyment
comes from exploring frontiers, like 3d audio in vb6, and like using the
mouse, another area that still could be opened up a bit.  My real enjoyment
in working with computers though is creating sound effects and music; if I
program a game, it's just because I get this idea in my head that won't
leave me alone till I've made the game.
Ken Downey
President
DreamTechInteractive!