I took a look at the BGT manual and went, yikes! I got about 4-5
paragraphs into it and got confused. I sat for a while, trying to
figure things out, and got even more confused. Maybe I'll give it
another shot, though.

I can see the point made earlier that this interface idea Tom is
toying around with wouldn't allow for too much configuration.