From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Frost
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:09 PM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Game Creation Tools

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 05:25:59PM +0000, Lori Duncan wrote:
> I agree, lodgic is something I fall down on all the time.  If I'm
> looking at a piece of equipment for example like a computer, I know
> how it works and understand the menus, but throw a whole load of
> coding language at me and I just go blank.

[My Reply:]
        Programming is like owning an Erector set.  You have a whole
bunch of parts that do little things.  Take a motor, a wheel, a dipper
and bolts.  Using bolts, connect the dipper and the wheel together, then
bolt the wheel to the motor.  Put it in a river and have the dippers
spill into a tank, and you have a water wheel.  Programming is the same
thing, only with commands, telling the computer what to do.  Know what
all the parts do, and you will begin to see what *CAN* be done.

And Arianna Sepulveda said:]

>> Programming is something I don't know how people do. I am truely
>> astounded at how much work is involved, and I don't think I could
> >figure it out too well.

[My Reply:]
        As long as you continue telling yourself that, the longer you
cripple yourself

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 *#* Powered By: Intel *#*
http://rivensight.dyndns.org