Hi Mich,No, that's not really what I meant. What I was refering to is I created a custom level editor for the Genesis engine that allows me to create *.map files that get loaded into the games. The way it works is I select a wall, staircase, dirt, whatever and place it on the grid which gets stored in a 2d or 3d array, and then written out to a *.map file which is read by the game. I call this process of adding surfaces to the map array drawing levels, because in a sense that is what I'm doing. for example, I might use shift+up arrow to select an area on the grid (0, 11) to (0, 19) and then bring up my toolbox. I select wall from the toolbox, and once I press enter it will fill the selected region with a wall. Then, I might use shift+right arrow to select from (0, 10) to (20, 10), select dirt from the toolbox, and it will fill that region in with dirt. It is not drawing in the sense you think of it, but serves the same purpose, and is totally proprietary to the G3D engine. Cheers! On 2/5/11, Mich <m...@ntl.sympatico.ca> wrote: > Hey Tom. I have a question. you said you forgot to draw the wright side of > the staircase but that you fixt it. i am happy that you fixt it but how > would you draw something if you can't see? is there a program that is > accessible with jaws or some other program that makes drawing things > accessible? since if so that would be really cool. from Mich. --- Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org. You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org. All messages are archived and can be searched and read at http://email@example.com. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list, please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.
well at least I know that when the g3d engine is finally sold the level creation process will be fairly easy.
- Re: [Audyssey] question about drawing thi... Hayden Presley
- Re: [Audyssey] question about drawing... Alfredo_The_Music_maker
- Re: [Audyssey] question about drawing thi... Thomas Ward
- Re: [Audyssey] question about drawing... Mich
- Re: [Audyssey] question about drawing... Philip Bennefall
- Re: [Audyssey] question about drawing... shaun everiss
- Re: [Audyssey] question about dra... Thomas Ward
- Re: [Audyssey] question about drawing... Phil Vlasak
- Re: [Audyssey] bug in room 17 of mota Charles Rivard