From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Orin
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 6:35 PM
To: Philip Bennefall; Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming comunity.

Hi Philip,

That's the thing, games don't have manual's anymore. When I was developing
the tone game in the manual of BGT, I created  the example but add something
like a tutorial when the start game function is called. Want to wrap my head
around sound positioning, so may do the second example and have a tutorial
in that one and post it. But most games at the beginning have a tutorial
level or levels which guide you through the operations of it, and then the
real game begins.

Most games with a story make it sound as though the tutorial isn't there by
implementing it well into the story.

Orin
orin8...@gmail.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/orinks
Skype: orin1112

On Feb 7, 2011, at 2:43 PM, Philip Bennefall wrote:

> Hi Yohandy,
>
> I pretty much feel the same way as a lot of other people on this list. If
the game is not accessible enough to allow me to play without sighted
assistance, or requires me to learn everything by heart such as all menu
options etc before I can even begin, I quite frankly have no interest in it.
I did my fare share of controller punching myself when I was younger just
because I liked the sounds and wanted to experience a fraction of what my
friends were talking about all the time. I didn't have much success, but
that does not mean I have no interest. Tell me a game that I can read the
manual fore, install, run, and play without requiring any help from someone
sighted, and also that will not run me 300 dollars for a console and 40/50
for the game, and I will be more than happy to play. But I am not willing to
buy a console just because I might, with trial and error, be able to win a
few times after countless attempts and assistance. That is a sacrifice that
I feel is not only huge, but fruitless.

> Kind regards,
>
> Philip Bennefall
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Yohandy" <yohand...@gmail.com>