Hi Thomas,
I did put two sort of timed lock puzzles in my Sarah game.
spoiler
space
Both puzzles had solutions from the Harry Potter books.
Fluffy puzzle.
When you played the flute, Fluffy would fall asleep for 3 or 4 minutes.
You only had that much time to open and go through the trap door.

Lake puzzle.
When you found yourself in the lake, you only had 3 or 4 minutes to take the nettleweed and swallow it before drowning. If you knew where the lake was and took the weed too early you would also die as you were not in water.