Well Tom, through some wangling on the part of my friend jay, I did end up at the first midnight showing of revenge of the syth, which was actually fun because! of the nuts.

I wouldn't have naturally gone at that time myself, but it was quite an experience being in a cinema with loads of people in costume. What was particularly great was when three people all in jedi robes whipped out light sabers and began a three way fight before the film started. Sadly the usher came and broke this up after a minute on health and safety grounds, ---- at which point the entire cinema (me included), gave the spoil sport darth usher a good chorus of the emperial march ;D.

That was actually rather fun, just for the atmosphere and experience, with people booing the baddies and cheering the goodies, even though I'm not really that much of a starwars nut myself.

Beware the grue!