Hi Bryan,

Yeah, you are right. There were a few Star Wars nuts, and I do mean
nuts, doing all kinds of weird stuff when Phantom Menace was just
coming out in the theaters. Perhaps the most unusual case I can think
of was a couple who got maried as Darth Mahl and Queen Amidolla. Its
like, "okay, don't you people think you are taking it a bit too far?"

Thing is although I am a Star Wars fan I didn't go crazy over Phantom
Menace.  I waited until the book was available at the store, purchased
it, and went home and listened to it. I went to the theater to see it,
but I didn't go the first showing. I waited until the third or fourth
day and when I went the crouds had pretty much thinned out. I was not
crazy enough to try and see it the very first showing like the totally
insane. Grin.

The same deal with Harry Potter. Hey, I liked it, but I wasn't going
to kill myself to buy the book or show up at the first movie showing.
I know from experience it usually ends up with large crouds, a mob,
and most of them expecting to be first in line to see the thing. Who
really needs that?