Guitar hero and rock band have no such thing as improvization... because there are no notes to improvize with. Just five buttons arranged horrizontally. Solos that I would have no problem with in real life give me trouble in rock band.. because playing guitar is too much like piano. I'm not a guitar virtuoso by any means, but take something like Bon Jovi's livin' on a prayer. In reality with my ltd and a roland 30 wat amp, I can hammer that solo out to something that sounds pretty good. In rock band on expert I'm lucky if I hit 9 out of 20 notes.