Hi Clement,

Clement wrote:

View commands have
a lot of ways of being presented... you can have what you have in Mota
right now,
just a straight list of everything, or, the one I prefer... things
like the way Treasure
Hunt does it. Program commands to look in a certain direction. Have some kind of
modifier key, and have a direction associated with an arrow key... and
non-cardinal
points can be mapped to two simultaneous arrows? That just seems to me
the best way
to do things..

My reply:

Essentially, what you are talking about is kind of a look ahead
command. Control+left might speak all the items to the left of the
player and control+right might speak everything to the right, and
control+up would speak straight ahead etc. I kind of like that.The
catch 22 is that currently in MOTA you can't interupt speech. That
means if there is a lot of things in that direction you'll litterally
be listening to each and every one of them until it shuts up. Not too
cool.

Clement wrote:

as finding sounds to fit someone like Horus or Anubis would be difficult
to near impossible. Unless you found a voice actor who could make
themselves sound
that gruff. I think the look command is the best you're going to get
for a while.

My reply:

That's exactly why I used them as examples. I mean rendering something
like that in audio is pretty difficult, especially on a shoestring
budget, and a person really needs a full fledged sound studio like the
big developers have to come up with anything convincing. Even so voice
or no voice that doesn't describe what some of these guys look like.

To give you an example here I remember when the original Stargate
movie was released. This was long before the television series SG1,
Atlantice, and Stargate Universe came along. I remember sitting in the
theater and I was just blown away at some of the costumes and special
effects in the movie. I really don't think there is an easy way to
describe it in words. However, it would be easier to try and describe
it than to just make up a sound and say, "here's a Horus Guard." Just
doesn't work.

Cheers!