HI Dark,

Dark wrote:

Generally as an exploration and atmosphere freak, the more background
you can put
in the game the better as far as I'm concerned.

My reply:

That's precisely my problem. I'm also a "exploration and atmosphere
freak" and that is the missing element in most audio games. On one
hand audio games give me the ability of a live action  real time game,
but lack the exploration and background seenary I am accustom too.
Text adventures, gamebooks, etc certainly fulfill the background
seenary, sets the mood through text, but those aren't live action. So
I'd love to merge the two somehow in the middle.

Dark wrote:

For complexity though, I will also point out that in describing
objects, sinse your
essentially just describing things and not speaking in character as it
were, there's
nothing wrong with synth voices at this point imho.

My reply:

Yeah, that's really the only way to do it. Descriptions can get fairly
extensive if you have a "describe_this.wav" file for every single item
in the game. That's at least 50 files or more for Mysteries of the
Ancients alone.

Dark wrote:

Hope this rambling wrant helps somewhat.

My reply:

It did. I really thought your suggestions were good ones. You and I
think a lot alike.

Cheers!