well.
my current approach would to use existing pc hardware and a linux system.
One approach is to have the game station as part of the os.
A more attractive approach would to make the system an all in one system.
By this I mean have something like vinux on the system with the game station program on it.
But also have the ability to have other things.
You would use oh I don't know lotus symphony or openoffice or something for wordprocessing, maybe thunderbird for email, a couple media players to play all the old audio formats mod xm, etc maybe mp3s wavs and ogg, maybe net streaming.
The advantage is then we can use mostly free software.
May put some cash to get something like tt synth I think thats cheap about 30 bucks. Then design the game station system as a program and sell it for linux or have it as a seperate something not sure. Then again if we did it that way we would have to make it for windows to, and then that would be a bit of an issue.
I just like the idea of an all in one console.
If I had to pay Oh I don't know about 500 bucks for the console and I knew I was getting a computer with wordprocessers spreadsheeting and other stuff email, media and streaming, etc I'd probably buy it. Especially if it was free to upgrade all the os and other screenreader programs. If we do use the linux idea we should use vinux because its got all the accessability built in.
Then all we would need would to be to include all the extra stuff.
We could have I don't know the system start as the game station whatever and then you could install the disks or insert games run games play music, do business stuff email etc.
But also just update and or use the os.
Or have the os and just have a seperate emulater although that probably takes away the console part I have no real idea. I'd be happy to contrubute my time and cash for this, well more my time I have loads.
If people think it could work then I am in.
I am no programmer but I guess i could do voiceovers and maybe sfx though who knows I don't have any legal sfx really and none of my own really.
Or the equipment.
I could test things I guess and do podcasts and reviews etc.
I am sure I will think of something.