On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:45:34AM -0500, Thomas Ward wrote:
> that's the other problem with this idea. The majority of blind
> developers use Visual Basic which is a Windows specific programming
> language, and several others are moving to BGT which also is currently
> a Windows only technology.

[My Reply:]
        Hmmmn.  I'd also heard that Visual BASIC had been ported to
Linux, as well as heard from an uncle that Visual BASIC was on the way
out.  He never mentioned what was replacing it, though.  All in all, I
never really gave much thought to what languages were in use, as what
the programs looked like on-screen wouldn't be all that important to
blind users like me <.grins.>  Only the audio output would matter,
unless I had to use a mouse.  If you're basing the OS on the Linux
kernel, though, you could compile the programs from just about any type
of code, as you're mo longer writing for Windows.

        Eh.  What do I know.  I only really know a modicum of shell
scripting, myself.

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org