On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 04:00:39PM -0000, darren harris wrote:
> I know of pastors who would say that you shouldn't just follow blindly
> because if god gave us brains then he obviously intended for us to use
> them.

[My Reply:]
        Hi Darren,

        I think it goes:

        O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that
trusteth in him.
        - Psalms 34:8

        ...essentially inviting you to have a taste and see what you
think.  And for whoever thought the Bible was contradictory, most of it
is written in metaphor and needs to be assembled.  Take the passages
saying both "hide yourself in a closet when you pray" and "Pray without
ceasing."  You obviously can't do both and live your entire life in a
closet, but if you put them together, you get a picture that it just
means to keep your prayer life to yourself while talking to God
constantly.

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org