Hi Thomas,
I think I announced that the next version of the Sarah game would have mouse support. Unfortunately, just as it's current joy stick support, the mouse can only use existing keyboard commands.
For example the forward, backwards and turning movement keys.
The left mouse button pulls up the spell menu and you can move thru it with the mouse and click on the right mouse button to cast the spell. I was hoping that David could add more flexible mouse control, but that would require the game engine to record what the mouse was doing and compare the results in a group of variables.

I do like playing the wand game in,
Brian Bors' Three mouse driven games.
Gestures.
You are attacked by ogres and imps and must combat them with two spells.
These spells are cast by performing various gestures, and variations of these gestures using your mouse.
including a game tutorial that will let you practice the spells.

I also know of
Jeremy Kaldobsky's Aprone's Daytona and the Book of gold .
The metallic sounds are made as I move the mouse into different shapes. What is cool is that each direction you move makes a different noise so someone sitting beside you can actually tell which shape you drew once they've been exposed to the game for a bit! The voice on the right is my character reading up to 3 shapes from the spell book that I must draw next. The voice to the left is just encouragement or warning depending on how fast and accurate I currently am. Each successful shape, in the right order, conjures more [gold] coins that can be heard falling to the table. Each successful shape makes its own sound as it casts and a central voice announces its name.