Hi Dark,

True.  Then again, considering the Harry Potter games were targeting
preteens etc it is not that surprising they didn't use too many
complex wand motions.In fact some of the levels were a bit lame in my
opinion.

For example, in Sorcerer's Stone the most common enemy you encounter
is gnomes running all over the Hogwarts grounds. Harry basically has
to use the Flipedo spell to turn them over. Not exactly true to the
books, of course, but that is the sort of enemies you generally fight.
Sounds to me like they wanted to soften the action for younger gamers
to me.