Hi,

Oh, I see. Makes sense. It is probably doable. Although, I'm not very
keen on the quick-time events. The idea of having it speak/display
with buttons to press seams, well, weird to me. I like games where you
have freedom to move around and do your own thing, create your own
strategy, rather than have a scene come up and say pres x, press y,
etc. Just not my thing.

As for jumping pits etc that is easily doable. Just about every
platformer I know of has areas you need to jump over opsticals or jump
onto platforms. For example, in Batman Return of the Joker inside the
clocktower there are huge gears that turn. Batman has to jump onto a
low wall and then valt over the gears, or he ends up being ground up
into hamburger. Personally, I think it is things like that which mark
a good platformer because besides the enemies you also have to worry
about fixed opsticals on the ground as well.

Which brings me to an area we haven't discussed yet. If we are going
to do this perhaps we should think more about the game itself. Are we
looking at a super hero beat-m-up game, or something that takes place
in ancient Japan or what?

Before we really get into things like game mechanics we first have to
design a game storyline, figure out what kind of music, sounds, etc we
need. Mechanics, traps, etc can be decided upon once we figure out
exactly what sort of beat-m-up this is suppose to be. For example, if
the game takes place inside a city and involves gangsters we might
want wrap music, oil drumbs, guns, and fight scenes would be set in a
back alley. If the game takes place in ancient Japan we want something
more like triditional Japanese music, the game set in a forest, and
some other type of opsticals to jump over. See what I mean?