Hi Dark,

Although, I'm pretty good at FPS games I found Monkey Business rather
disorienting the first few times I played it as well. Eventually, I
got the hang of it, but as you said relying totally on audio won't
help much. The only way I really got the hang of Monkey Business is by
creating a mental map of the levels and could get around pretty much
by memory. That made catching monkies easier because I remembered I'd
have to walk around a stone, tree, etc and could use those stationary
items as landmarks. They also could be used to hide, and you could
jump out from behind a tree or stone to catch the monkeies as they
pass buy. The absolutely worst level is the ledges level. I've never
beaten it just by exploring it. Instead I've had to memorize it step
by step to successfully get passed it.