You do not need a studio actually. You could use a program called logic. Well it runs on a mac, but you get the idea. You need equipment like mitty keyboards, a mixing desk and an eyemac. I'm not saying that you should follow this, you could make what ever decisions you want, but logic is a good pro tool in general. I don't use a mac, but I go to this music club every once a weak. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] X-Sight Games - Re: RSGames Client

Hi Damien,

Cant' say I blame you in the least. The only way you can pull off any
kind of project like that is first to setup a repository such as
subversion where the developers can check in and out various
revisions, and there is clear communication between all parties of who
is doing what to the project and when. Then, you might want bug
tracking software like bug buddy so bug reports can be filed somewhere
where everyone will be notified at once. Running a development team
and studio takes extremely good manigement skills and the right
software. Obviously, I was trained to use Linux based based solutions
so I have a dedicated Linux machine with subversion and various other
source management tools installed to keep track of what is happening
with MOTA, STFC, Raceway, etc.

As far as deciding who can contribute code the open source community
have a pretty good method for figuring out who has access rights or
not. For one thing if they check the source code out, produce a decent
patch, upgrade, etc and prove themselves to be a competent developer
they can apply to the source maintainers for membership. Since you
might be thinking more comercial you'd have to base membership on
someones past contributions, game projects, and his/her
trustworthiness. If they can't produce any examples of their coding
skill then chances are they might only hinder your attempts to produce
anything. If you don't think they are trustworthy don't add them to
your team. Above all if you do form a team let all members know right
off what the standards are, and that all coding standards, formatting,
etc are to be followed as set forth in your company polacies.

Cheers!