De: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
Para: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org>
Data: Terça, 5 de Abril de 2011 17:33
Assunto: Re: [Audyssey] MOTA 18 - levers?

Hi,

I happen to agree with you. Personally, using SAPI or any other text
to speech system is often a downgrade as not everyone has a quality
voice. Especially, for those of who use Linux and for most Linux users
all they get for free is Festival or ESpeak. You only get good Linux
voices like AT&T, Cepstral, Dectalk, Eloquence, unless you fork over
money for them. I happen to know most VI Linux users don't generally
pay for high quality voices so going from a voice like Scansoft Tom to
ESpeak would definitely be a huge downgrade.