not to mention that bgt will always stay current.
And in most cases the code will stay the same anything in the background will just need another upgraded engine.

Hi Damien,

Well, as a software developer and gamer myself I think you are doing
the right thing. As you correctly pointed out Visual Basic 6 is an
extremely old development platform and language and for those of us
who have already made the transition to Windows 7, especially those
running newer 64-bit platforms, the technology is falling further and
further behind the mainstream development. I personally believe for
those developers who don't want to learn something like C++, Java, etc
BGT is the only way forward in terms of Windows game development. So
you are in my opinion making a good decision.

Cheers!