Hi Ken,
While I can't really agree with you on the whole "all audio games are bop
it" thing, I definitely see your point with the Saveage Gambit; you
definitely have no room in which to do anything different than the expected
imput.

Best Regards,
Hayden


-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of The Addictor
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2011 7:39 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Old Titles Removed

I actually beat Redemption, believe it or not.  I think Self Destruct is 
better.  At least when I played that I didn't feel like I was playing yet 
another Bop it game.  I like Bop It, but not for a boxing game.
Ken Downey
The Addictor
www.TheAddictor.com

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Old Titles Removed


> Hi Damien,
>
> Yeah, I actually do see your point. It is for that very reason,
> interesting enough, why I had never put up all of the PB Games, etc. I
> personally feel something like Snowball War is simply not worth
> hosting, but I've been asked time and time again to host it for one
> reason or another so I put it up. However, I have a disclaimer on my
> website that USA Games does not support those games in any way, shape,
> or form. If people ask their questions will go unanswered simply
> because I don't really see any need to keep some games like Snowball
> War around. If you want it then use it at your own risk. So far no one
> has really asked for help on any of the games I host so I don't have
> an issue with hosting them. However, if I was getting flamed,
> bombarded with questions, etc like you are with the abandoned games
> then they'd be taken off my website faster than you can say "pronto
> Tonto."
>
> One thing you can be assured of I'm not going to cry over Danger City,
> Self-Destruct, etc because the games certainly are not worth it.
> Jason, I think it was who ran XL Studios, was not a very skilled
> programmer to be frank about it. I remember back when we still had the
> ag-dev wiki and  mailing list Jason released the source for a couple
> of his games as tutorials, and it was terrible. I suppose I'm a bit
> bias since I was trained professionally, therefore I try to program
> using professional standards, but all the same I didn't think it was
> tutorial quality. I felt that for beginners it would teach them some
> extremely bad habits, and  do to Jason's inexperience I could see
> mistakes he would be passing on to the next generation developer. So I
> understand exactly why you don't want to simply upgrade the code, and
> would have to rewrite it from scratch.
>
> In fact, the only game on your list of games I might consider updating
> would be the Savage Gambit. I think if it was rewritten, given some
> better keyboard asignments, etc it could be a decent game. However, it
> is pretty difficult to play in its current state.
>
> Cheers!
>
>
> On 4/16/11, Damien Pendleton <dam...@x-sight-interactive.net> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>> I just don't feel like they are games worth hosting. All I have had since

>> I
>> have retained the rights to these games are complaints and flames and I 
>> feel
>> like they are more trouble than they are worth. If people wanted the 
>> games
>> that badly, they would have offered me their support rather than their
>> scorn. The amount of emails I have had complaining about the bug in level

>> 1
>> in Danger City, or the bug in level 10 of Self Destruct, or the bug in 
>> this
>> or the bug in that, and when I explained to them calmly that because 
>> these
>> games had been transferred to me they turned around and basically told me

>> to
>> forget it, I figured that neither me nor anybody else should be treated 
>> that
>> way and held responsible for these bugs without good cause, whether as a
>> host or a developer. I feel that since I am trying to offer good quality
>> products now, if someone was to redistribute, or host, these games with 
>> my
>> name attached to them, they would hold me responsible for the bugs, and 
>> it
>> would put them off my next titles, if that makes sense.
>> Hope that helps.
>> Regards,
>> Damien.
>
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to 
> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the 
> list,
> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. 


---
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.


---
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gamers@audyssey.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.

Reply via email to