Hi Damien,

Personally, I think that is a good compromise. You don't have to keep
or update Danger City to get the same level of action or to create a
game with equal or better game play elements. Look at MOTA as an
example.

Truth be told I'd love to write an authentic Tomb Raider game complete
wwith original music, sounds, and of course Lara Croft. Copyrights
being a factor, of course, I can't legally do that. However, that
doesn't stop me from writing my own game that uses and borrows some
gameplay elements and ideas. As a result we have a nearly equal game
in terms of fun, replay value, and entertainment without the legal
rangling it would take to get the real thing written in accessible
format.

Same concept applies to Danger City. There are game play elements that
are good, might be decent, but it isn't something that necessarily has
to apply to that specific game. You might create a new game called
"Gang Wars" where you have to do similar things, avoid similar traps,
and includes elements of Danger City without returning to that title
directly. So it is a fair compromise really.