I'd have to agree.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Che" <blindadrenal...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Interrupting Speech in MOTA

if I can throw my two cents in here, why not go with the control key?
its what everyone is used to and will be expecting, for newer players your introducing a confusing key, as well as making people reach for the escape key fairly often and moving their hands away from the main keys, always a bad thing with interfaces. as far as programming so you recognize the control key up instead of down is a trivial matter if your keyboard class is set up right, with a proper setup should be doable in fifteen minutes tops. you stated something about going back later and fixing it when you get time, but then folks will have to re learn a part of the interface. for me, even if it took an hour or better to make the change, I would stick with the control key and problem solved, both now and in the future. outside of that, I would go with alt, anything to keep from having to move a hand from the home row frequently and annoyingly. remember, some keyboards are laid out in odd ways, and the escape key isn't as easy to reach and pop as others.
 later
che

-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Ward