I do plan to add the ability to buy more solar batteries and solar panels, I've
just been putting it off until later.  That is a tricky thing to balance since,
as you've said, power is the main thing which limits your eco system.  Up until
now, I've been balancing the missions knowing how much power you would have and
how fast you can get more, but the second people can upgrade those it will
change everything.  I guess this just makes me a little nervous about adding
it, although in custom games it is less of a problem.  I've got it on my "to
do" list, lol.