In order to not have such a thing to occur, is there a registry tool other than the tool that comes with Windows XP that you would suggest? I've never used one for fear that they would not be safe, and so don't have one. For me, it must be a JAWS friendly program that works reliably. Answer on or off list as you think appropriate when you have the time? Thanks.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2011 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] recovering game information

Hi Lori,

That's a pretty strange issue. The only thing I can think of is some
kind of problem with your Windows registry where most registration
keys and such are stored. Since you described a crash it is possible
your registry was damaged, and Windows managed to automatically
restore it from an older  backup which was out of date.

Question. Do you have any kind of registry tools like  registry
cleaners and such? If so, how often do you scan and repair your
registry?

The reason I ask is a lot of people are unaware that most technical
problems with Windows is due to lack of properly maintaining their
registry. Since Microsoft doesn't ship a registry tool with Windows
you often have to purchase a third-party tool to maintain, fix, and
handle registry issues. My point being if you do not own and use such
a registry tool it is possible your system registry is messed up, and
Windows automatically reverted to the latest stable version it could
find.

HTH