Hi Tom.

Actually, I do have the two accounts setup on windows sinse that's what windows does by default, and also I do appreciate what you say about security.

However, if I list all the problems I've ever had with user accounts, perhaps you'll understand why I am so crytical of the uac feature as a solution.

Back in 2004, when the university crashed Hal thanks to mcaffi, (quite another story), after that problem was fixed, I had to constantly log in with a different account to the one I started with, which meant a lot of shufling of files and mucking about.

In 2006, when in fact trying to install netframework to play various games, my computer by default logged on with a different account, which i could only fix with a system restore to earlier point.

in 2007, my mum's computer locked up because several files on her account became confused with my fathers on the same machine, and both of them couldn't log in and the hole thing needed to be reset.

Also in 2007, my desktop's registry got changed so that it automatically booted with no account set, thus making it impossible to find programs or anything else, and this needed to be fixed by altering the registry (something I needed to get someone else to fix).

In 2009, my account became corrupted, and once again, I needed to have someone restore all the data from it and create a second account on the machine.

this is why I don't like Uac. While admittedly some of the problems could've been fixed by taking care of the registry (something I obviously now do with pctuneup), many more were directly caused by uac.

While I understand it's logic for businesses, and the security point, as an overall feature given all these problems it just seems very buggy to me, and why I say 90 percent of computer problems I've ever experienced have been tied to uac.

Beware the grue!